Monday, April 20, 2009

Pizza Epiphany

Eating my leftover Stuff Crusted Chicken and Bacon pizza from Papa Murphy's (which I highly recommend) I had an epiphany. Normally we buy the cheapest pizza from another pizza chain. This pizza is good, but its nothing special. It's a one topping medium for $5, and does the trick when I'm hungry and want pizza. However, the Stuff Crusted Chicken and Bacon pizza from Papa Murphy's was amazing. It's the best pizza I've had in a very long time. In fact, it's my new favorite.

This got me to thinking...I could have the $5 pizza anytime. It's quick, cheap, and satisfies my hunger. It's convenient as the $5 pizza is just down the street. Don't get me wrong, it's a good $5 pizza. However, it's nothing like my new favorite.

Relevance? Well, I could live a life of $5 pizza. Quick, cheap, and convenient. But, is that the life I really want to lead? Or, do I want to lead a life I REALLY ENJOY? A life in which I look forward to partaking? I know that MOST of life is mundane, but should we not take every opportunity to LIVE life and not just endure it?

No comments: