Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Yawning Angels - Wild Choose Chase Chapter 1

Here are some of my favorite quotes from Chapter one of Wild Goose Chase by Mark Batterson.

Most of us will have no idea where we are going most of the time (p. 2). I really identify with this quote right now. I have no idea what to do next.

Nothing is more unnerving or disorienting than passionately pursuing God (p. 2). All I can say is, Amen. Do I feel unnerved? Do I feel disoriented? Yes, and yes.

I wonder if churches do to people what zoos do to animals (p. 5). I have asked myself the same question. I think most Christians feel caged and a lot of people wonder why they would want to become a Christian. Do Christians lead a life that others would want?

But when was the last time you asked God to make you dangerous? (p. 6). Danger is not my middle name. I need to take more risks.

...I am sending dangerous people back into their natural habitat to wreak havoc on the Enemy. (p. 6) Are we really? Or do we just challenge people to lead safe, boring lives?

No guts, no glory. When we lack the guts to step out in faith, we rob God of the glory that rightfully belongs to Him. (p. 10) This is very challenging. If we are gutless, then God doesn't get the glory through our lives.

Our greatest responsibility: pursuing the passions God has put in our heart (p. 12). I hope that I can see my life like this. The most important thing I can do is pursue what God has for me.

As we age, many of us stop believing and start assuming. We stop living out of right-brain imagination and start living out of left-brain memory. And we put eight-foot ceilings on what God can do. (p. 12). God help me to remove the glass ceiling from my life. Help me to stop living out of memory and start living in imagination.

No comments: